home about contact

 

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday's are always sketchy.

What a crazy week it has been! Between trying to hang out with everyone before classes start back up and getting all my break to-do's done, I've been a busy gal. A big part of this crazy business was my thankyous. Ever since I could hold a pencil my parents had me write thankyous. I absolutely hated it for the longest, but now that I'm older I actually really enjoy it. I have a strange connection with letters and thankyou's. I'm not sure if this is because it's becoming a dying practice, or because there is something so tactile about receiving something in the mail. Also it always seemed so strange that people would take the time to write on a card or send you a letter, for it to just be thrown away. I think thats why I've kept every letter, card, and post cards since I was 8. I have 3 show boxes full of them. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them, but for now I will continue saving them. The thought of throwing them away seems so foreign now. I feel less like a hoarder knowing that those are the only things I collect.

Like most people I have the generic thankyou's you buy in a pack of 10 from target, but I also really like making them for the people who mean the most to me. Being an artist makes it a little easier to design and draw out a couple. So that's what I did! Here are a few of the cards I made for this past holiday season.


All of these were painted with guache. I used to be really timid about
it but after a friend showed me all that you could do with it I fell in Love.




I can't take total credit for the flower thankyou design. I was really inspired by
a birthday card my friend made. So I decided to make my own.


Along with getting these done, I received a post card from the lovely Kaylah from over at The Dainty Squid. I have been following her blog for awhile and really enjoy reading about her daily doings. So in return I decided to hand make her a post card to send back. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it completely done before I rushed to get it in the mail today, but I did manage to take a picture while it was in the process.
It's fun and quirky. Plus it has cacti on it!


Any one want to be pen pals? I'll hand make you one! 
Over all it was really creative week and I'm excited to see what future projects come my way. I hope you all have a terrific week!

No comments:

Post a Comment